RE: Attention: pmorse, epsonlistleb, andy, collinda, jb & wildboots

At 01:37 AM 4/20/2002 -0400, Carl Grohs, Jr. wrote:

>I can't understand why anyone would use individual messages. But people seem
>to like it. Go figure...

I'll jump in on this one.  I've tried the digest format and gave it up.  I
like the individual messages much better for three reasons.  Two were
mentioned here.  The HTML artifacts and having to cut and paste to reply to
an individual posting.  The third was even more bothersome to me.  When
reading a digest and you are interrupted in the middle, you lose your place
in the digest and have to start over (I haven't used the digest on this
particular list, but on the one I did, some of the digests were god-awful
long and it was hard to find your place again).

I use Eudora and have established two mail boxes, one "Epson Inkjet - New"
and one Epson Inkjet - Saved".  I have set a filter so that any message
that comes in with "epson-inkjet" in the To: header gets transferred into
the Epson Inkjet - New mailbox.  I have that mailbox set to sort the
messages by subject and I wind up with a mailbox that looks very much like
a digest except that they are sorted so that I can delete a whole group of
messages if I am not interested in them.  I can go through them and if I
find one I want to keep, I transfer it to the "Epson Inkjet - Saved"
mailbox (one click and drag - no cut-and-paste) and the others I delete as
I go, thus I don't get lost if I'm interrupted.  The saved mailbox serves
the same purpose as your WordPad file.  As far as I'm concerned, this is
the only way to go.

I assume most other mail readers can do something similar.

James E. Martz
Milan, OH
jemartz@earthlink.net

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]