Re: re[2]: Emptying 9000 carts for ink

Atlex.com lists dye photo yellow and dye light magenta as alternatives to
the normal yellow and Lm for the 9000, which lends some small support to the
story that the 9000 C Lc M & K are common to other photo printers, such as
the 12xx series.

For 3000 users, 4ink.com claims that the 9000 cartridge will fit into the
3000 if you don't need the ink door to shut. Atlex lists an Epson OEM 3000
cart as 0.4 lbs and the 9000 cart as 0.92 lbs, while the 9000 cart costs
only about $10-15 more than the 3000. Roughly, this looks like double the
ink for 20% more cost, not to mention the photo yellow option.

Wire

on 4/18/02 5:30 AM, Alan Womack at arwbackup@worldnet.att.net wrote:

> Before the arrival of the 10000 model, I made an inquiry to two seperate high
> level Epson America managers about the dye ink in the 10000 vs the 7000 and
> 9000.  I was informed only the 10000 was the same dye ink than the
> 1270/1280/1290 series, only a possible viscosity difference was probable at
> that time.  Has there been a change in ink on the 9000 and 7000 carts, I
> missed being, discussed on the list?
>
> Alan
> http://welcome.to/epson-inkjet
>
>>>  If you want to go by what is tested officially you may think that
>>>  Epson lightfast dyes on Epson paper is the best way. Carts with
>>>  that ink are there for the 10000 and in the USA for the 9000 and
>>>  7000. They are not as cheap per ml as third party inks but a lot
>>>  cheaper than the normal 1290 etc carts mls.
>

> Epson Inkjet Printer FAQ: http://welcome.to/epson-inkjet
> -

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]