Re: Image Resolution

Don't think your images are going to look very good at 70 inches at
either 72 dpi or 150 DPI. They will  look horrible at 72.

How big are your files right now?

You'll need to run them through Genuine fractals, but you should have at
least 20 megabytes per image to res up anywhere near 70 inches.  Even
then, it would only look sharp from many feet away.

If your files are a 80 to a hundred megabytes now, you should have no problem.

These are just ball park figures.

Jerry

> Jef Bradshaw wrote:
>
> I'm new to the list and have a question about image resolution
> software. I've got a trade show coming up and need to convert some
> PhotoShop images designed for the corporate website into large
> posters...72 dpi up to 150 dpi from and image 8 in wide to 70
> inches...figured this group may have some experience. If this is the
> wrong place or you have a suggestion on where I should look..please
> let me know. Thanks.
-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]