Re: Gimp-print

   From: "Peter Hargroves" <peter@hargroves.screaming.net>
   Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 19:15:08 +0100

   If I can remember we were chatting about boarderless printing.The
   1290 has this feature using photoquicker under winXP,I thought that
   this would have been nice to add this to Gimp-print if possible
   under linux,at the moment the paper coming off the printer left and
   right edges are printed but not the top and bottom.

I remember this discussion.  As I recall, the issue isn't with the
driver's ability to print to the edge of the paper, but rather with
the fact that Gimp-print doesn't support autocropping or rescaling to
fit the dimensions of the image to the dimensions of the paper.  Is
that correct?

If so, what behavior do you want?  Do you want the print plugin to
automatically crop the image to fit the dimensions of the page (I
don't like this, because I just don't like silent cropping in
general), or do you want it to be possible to scale >100% and pan
around?

   Have you seen this working under windows ? or are you on a total
   linux system!

No, I have a pure Linux system.

--
Robert Krawitz <rlk@alum.mit.edu>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@uunet.uu.net
Project lead for Gimp Print/stp --  http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net

--Eric Crampton
-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]