Re: W2K/PS6/Spooler memory problems

In a message dated 4/2/2002 8:28:51 PM Pacific Standard Time, spirn@MIT.EDU writes:

If I save and close the image, then re-open photoshop and
>re-open the image, and go straight to print, it is all fine.
>It seems that PS6 and/or W2K is hanging on to memory used while I work on
>the image, and not releasing it later for the print spooler (?) or other
>programmes. any tips to make this happen?

You need to allocate more memory to Photoshop. You can specify this in Preferences. You can safely use 75% of your RAM dedicated to Photoshop. Also, make sure that your scratch disk setting is using the hard drive, not the start up. This will help considerably. Finally (!) make sure your printer spool settings are set to  *spool directly to printer.* It will print slower, but won't hang up or print only part of the image.

Hope this helps!

Jack Bohlka
www.southwesternexposure.com
Images of the American Southwest
Fine Art Photography
Environmental Portraiture

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]