RE: Video Cards, Advise and Going Wacky

Some video cards are slower in 24-bit mode, because the accesses aren't
aligned to the natural boundaries of the memory. You waste 1/4 of the memory
in 32-bit mode, but you get a speed improvement. It's possible that your
card works differently, though. But either way, there's no difference in
appearance.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco

> From: Imagesharp
>
> Does it make no difference if I set my Windows display settings
> to 24 bit or
> 32 bit color when working in Photoshop.  24 bit mode gives me
> higher screen
> resolution with a faster refresh rate.  Visually I can't tell a difference
> on my monitor.

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]