Re: Transferring to other fabrics

I've printed on a variety of fabrics (natural and manmade fibres), silks, etc.  To feed them through my 3000, I simply iron the material to freezer paper.  Feeds nice, keeps the loose threads from cutting the material from jamming the printer.

mikeA
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 8:37 PM
Subject: Re: Transferring to other fabrics

I buy fabric now from Jacquard.  They have lots of different fabrics that are already backed with paper.  They are designed for the Epson 3000 so they are 17 inches wide and on rolls of various lengths.  They also sell special fabric ink but it must be steamed before it's permanent. I cut the fabric to fit into the C80.  However, before I found them, I used cotton or silk and backed it with 8 1/2 by 11 labels when I was lazy or with Contact paper.  (be sure it's smooth and not textured.  Although a texture would be a fun experiment)  I usually feed just one sheet at a time.  It couldn't be easier.

Marj