Re: Getting the right monitor profile

(why not turn off the green background in the original html post -- i
converted the quote to text only)

\<<<I got the same error messages, and when i unplugged my Wacom tablet they
disappeared.  After profiling i could plug the tablet back in.  This as a
conflict that the software mfg has mentioned before -- any chance it applies
to you guys?>>>

>A good thought.  In fact, I do have a tablet but it was not plugged into
the USB port at the time.  Of course, the drivers were >installed....not
sure if that has any possible effect.

According to the software mfg, it is only a problem when the calibration
system tries to initialize with the Wacom and the software on at the same
time.  You don't have to change the software, and can plug the Wacom back in
after making a new profile.  Worked for me, but obviously you may have
another problem.

ah....the wonders of poor software standardization and unknown Windows
calls.  I will be overjoyed when Microsoft is a footnote in the history of
computing.  Like Z80,  CPM, etc.  They blame the application writers, but
let us hope some open source movement and standardization of drivers and
interfaces eventually solves this problem.  Unlikely with a new version of
Windows every 3 years or as often as you know who can get us to pony up.
Rant mode off.....

Ted Gosfield
ogeiii@icehouse.net

---