fatal clog with CFS and 1200

Hi, I am using a 1200 Epson with setup from inksupply.com - using the 6 archival inks.

I have an awful nozzle pattern with the first (reading from left to right) cyan ink. And when I print there is an overspray of cyan in the boarder of the print. I have done cleaning and rechecking the nozzle pattern with no results.  I have tried the paper towel trick, saturating it with Windex and running the head over it and I have also put Windex on the resting pad to the right of the head and allowed the head to rest on it (hopefully dissolving the clog) but to no avail. Have you had any problem like that?

I am confused as to if I should remove the modified cartridge and try to flush out the head in that nozzle. If I do that won't I have a problem re-inserting the modified cartridge and some air to be introduced into the system?

I sure would appreciate any suggestions you might have. This is the second 1200 I have used, and it is quite new, I've only had it for about 4 months. However, the modified cartridge is from my first 1200, so what I am wondering is if the nozzle clog could be in the cartridge or the cartridge housing. I don't really understand exactly how the system works. I also noticed some talk about 'filters' and cleaning those but I haven't the foggiest notion as to where those are located.

Thanks so much for sharing what you can. Sandra in Sacramento CA

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]