Re: Sharing a 1270 on a home network

Thanks for the info, nice to get a clearer picture (excuse the pun). As our
network is win2k and runs quite sweetly, dont think we will upgrade just yet
to XP. Thanks for the info.
Regards
Brian

Hi Brian,

I think you might confuse the lady (or have been confused by her):

> Hi Cathy, don't know if this helps, is the volume on the 2k box fat32? or
NTFS? I dont think fat32 (win98 box) can write to a NTFS volume, although it
will work the other way NTFS>FAt32.

Networked Windows PCs do not need to understand each others' filing systems,
all that is required is the correct permissions, as you say.

> Also you will need to use administrator
rights on the Win2k box to allow the share and you will need to give the
98box permission to use the win2k, if you see what I mean, complicated aint
it.

Correct, but she evidently has the required permissions, as she states that
she can transfer files between the shared folders

---