Search Epson Archive

re: Sharing a 1270 on a home network

Cathy:

I gather the win98 box is giving your troubles?  And that you had a prior 1270 printer driver installed on that machine?  Therefore you should not need to update the drivers on that machine to use the shared 1270 on the w2K box.

Go to your old printer in printer properties, go to the details tab.  Tell it you wish to add a port.  In the name dialog, you may either type the path to the printer or browse to the printer.  If you are getting that far.

OK your way out of the nested windows, then try printing a test page.

I can talk you through via the phone or email in a couple of hours after I get out of our weekly sales meeting.

email w393.finance@pbdlr.com
509-535-4241 ext 2649

Epson Inkjet Printer FAQ: http://welcome.to/epson-inkjet