Search Epson Archive

Video Cards, Advise and Going Wacky

I want to buy a video card for my 6 month old Intel mother board with 256meg
of ram. Currently it has on-board video with an additional 4meg ram stick,
but only shows 24 bit color.

I use Photoshop 6.0 for photo editing with a 17" Viewsonic flat screen CRT
monitor (not LCD).  Like so many other people when you research hardware you
start out needing this, then you need that, then you just got to have this
feature, then you wonder such a little video card can cost $20000.

I think all I really need is a good video card with ( I assume) 32+ meg of
ram that will work good with Photoshop.

I'm not against dual-heads or using 2 single heads if I wanted to use a
second monitor to display Photoshop Pallets, brushes, ect.  I rarely play
games on the computer unless I'm to the point where I really want to shoot
something or somebody.

My 2nd computer has a Matrox card, but I've heard ATI and Asus are good.

Appreciate any advise.

Rick Cambra