Inks-Papers (was Re: Yellowing test + DPI Report)

I thought it was the other way around.  I thought that pigmented inks don't work
well on RC paper but dye inks do.  I use MIS variable tone inks for black/white
and haven't had good luck on glossy papers but have had good luck on matte paper
(Epson Archival).  With dye based inks I have good luck on glossy, semi-glossy
and matte papers from a number of makers.  I may be wrong in general, but I know
what I see with my own prints.

Bruce Ward

Ursula Freer wrote:

> But it's not that simple either, coated papers are made especially for
> pigmented ink whereas dyes usually work best on uncoated papers.
>
> Ursula

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]