Search Epson Archive

Re: Improved results

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Munro" <timmunro@bigpond.com>
To: <epson-inkjet@leben.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 11:15 PM
Subject: Re: Improved results

> Just to compare notes with other recent converts to digital
printing. I am
> starting to get some really good results now out of the 1290. I
calibrated
> my monitor with a borrowed Spyder a week or so ago which seemed to
work
> well. I downloaded the epson paper profiles from Ian Lyon's link
provided
> here recently and bought some A3 premium glossy to try. With all I
have
> learnt to date and the new profiles, the results have improved
enormously
> with only the odd colour throwing things off. I supply most orders
off the
> 1290 now and have had only postive feedback. I am having some
difficulty
> getting the right colours on the Ilford Gallerie gloss paper and may
have to
> purchase a custom profile for this. I'll persevere though as I like
the
> paper.

wat Ilford Galerie Gloss Paper? Smooth o  Classic? With Classic you
must reduce the Magenta 3-5 points. With the Smooth one I work very
well
without profiles I set : PGPP paper, ICM, and in PS setting: "Printer
colour setup" = I have translate from italian??
I print only Underwater Photography .....
Ciao
edoardo
edoardo bellotti / italy
mailto:edoardo@photobell.com