From: owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com
[mailto:owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com]On Behalf Of Steve German
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 10:15 PM
To: epson-inkjet@leben.com
Subject: New CIS in refurb 1270

I just got a refurbished 1270 from Epson and have ordered Generation 4
inks with a Niagra system for it. I was figuring on installing the
Generations/Niagra as the first ink system for it so I wouldn't have to
spend $50 on flush cartridges (if I used the OEM's first).

Is this advisable, or is there a reason to use the OEM's first, such as
making sure the printer works ok before installing 3rd party inks, etc.
The options for flushing would be either the 2 jrano carts or 6 4oz.
bottles to run through the Niagra system. Either way, it's about $50,
but maybe the bottles of jrano would be useful down the road. Any advice
from experienced printers would be appreciated.