Search Epson Archive

Re: ColorVison Spyder and PhotoCal

In a message dated 2/20/02 8:18:42 PM, DSCHIEMANN@prodigy.net writes:

>Do you require a monitor with separate R-G-B controls to use and get the
>maximum benefit from ColorVision's Spyder with PhotoCal?

Try approaching it from the other end: if you have RGB gun controls you will
get the maximum benefits from them with PhotoCAL or OptiCAL... if you don't
then your profile will have to work harder to correct for the imbalance, and
eventually (in the case of a CRT) may not be bright enough to compensate. A
monitor with these controls is more desirable since it is more controllable.
But I've seen many monitors without thses controls that looked great profiled
with a Spyder... including the Apple Cinema and Studio displays I use every
day.

C. David Tobie
Design Cooperative
CDTobie@designcoop.com