Re: monaco EzColor and comparisation between different profilingpackages

Lawrence you really hit the point,

That's precisely why I am started to supply my service to other's, because I
finally got fantastic control over my own colour management workflow.
I simply make the measurements, use different settings, try different
options (like filters, degrees Kelvin, papergrey or preserve grey etc.and
actually all options I can use are very close or spot on.

Finally.

Regards,

Udo J. machiels
Atmos Design
UK

on 8/2/02 8:35 pm, Lawrence Smith at lsmith@lwsphoto.com wrote:

> Matt,
>
> You know what's worse?  Spending $500 on 5 profiles for your $500
> printer.  Then doing it again every time you get new(different) inks or
> you get a new printer.  I have thought more than once about spending the
> 5 or 6K myself and building my own, then offering the service to others
> as well to help recoup the investment.  That what I am doing with my
> drum scanner.  I get great scans for my own work and sell great scans to
> others in my area...
>
> Lawrence
> http://www.lwsphoto.com
>

>> Yes, if you spend upwards of $5,000 you will get a good
>> profile (though it still might need a little whitepoint
>> editing). However, the logic behind profiling a $500 printer
>> with a $5,000 piece of hardware is a little suspect.
>>
>> Matt
>>
>> =====
>> Bird Photograpy, Articles, New Jersey Site Guides
> http://www.mhbirdphoto.com mhagadorn@attglobal.net
>

> -

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]