Re: PhotoCal question

Hi,
I just went through the PhotoCal setup routine with the Spyder to calibrate
my monitor. On the colour temp prompt I selected 5000 (print) rather than
the default 6500 (web). Everything seems to have been done to spec and the
change to my monitor is significant (white seems a bit poxy now). Reprinted
an 8 x 10 on the Photo1290 that I was disappointed with last night after
selecting the new profile in the print window and have to say that it is
identical. Blacks are a bit brown and weak etc. where it looks strong on the
monitor. Am I missing something here?

I am also wondering what happens with all the images I scan for my website
now. Should I setup a second profile using the 6500 (web) colour temp
setting? Can I even do that considering I have to manually change my monitor
controls during PhotoCal setup?

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Regards, Tim

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]