Search Epson Archive

Re: 1520, mac OS X...GimpPrint?

IRQ problems and such are directly the result of the "ISA" bus design
that WinTel has used for the last 20 years. Macs had serial ports
built in but the main issue was the system bus design wasn't ISA. When
Macs got slots they used a standard developed by Tektronix (I THINK)
called NuBus. It was designed to avoid these issues. Then later in 95
Apple switched entirely to PCI, which if done right doesn't have the issues.