RE: OptiCAL experiences

> From: CDTobie@aol.com
>
> OptiCAL has a tool
> specificly for fixing this; however. Build a profile with appropriate
> settings, then go to Prefs> Advanced and turn "control Points in curves
> window" on, and set it to the maximum number of control points.
> Then with a
> gray ramp open on screen, adjust these Curves window control
> points  in the
> RG&B channels as needed to balance those color casts in the
> grayramp. Save
> this custom target with a name like "Sony ZZZ gray tweaks" and use
> it to recalibrate and profile your monitor.

Using the curve adjustment tool, I was able to get rid of the color casts in
a gray scale gradient. At the low end, I found that the controls were very
sensitive: moving the control point one pixel made a dramatic difference in
color. I found that in order to eliminate the green cast, I had to bring up
the red and blue, because lowering the green was too big a jump. I guess
that the gamma curve makes the effect of the control very nonlinear.

You also mentioned the honeycomb insert that's designed to limit the angle
from which the Spyder collects light, as something that would give me better
results on my laptop LCD. I thought that the honeycomb insert was part of
the three-legged padded thing that you're supposed to remove and replace
with the soft rubber boot when you profile an LCD. Have I misunderstood
their drawings?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]