1270 refuses to print

Can anyone help?

My friend's 1270 went wrong 2 days ago after 2yrs service without fault. One
minute it was printing OK, and the next it started making horrible noises
and flashing lights, so I'm told. After a day spent ringing Epson and trying
their suggestions, and then talking to me on the phone, all without success,
I thought I'd better go and have a look at it for him (I also have a 1270).

So, I did all the things I've learnt on this list: cleaned and lubricated
the carriage rod with WD40; uninstalled the printer and usb ports and
reinstalled it (in Win98SE); reset the electronics using the button-pressing
technique suggested on-list (by Eddie?); fitted two new cartridges; and took
the cover off and inspected the innards for obviously broken bits.

Result? One printer that seems to work perfectly; the head/cartridge
assembly now moves in the appropriate manner and makes all the right noises;
the paper feeds properly; there are no longer any red or flashing lights;
when an image is sent to it, the head moves over the paper in the
appropriate manner and speed for the size and nature of the image, and
starts and stops properly.

However, there is just one thing missing - NO INK is being sprayed onto the
paper!

Despite clearly going through all the motions of printing a particular image
(if you send mixed text and image, it can be seen to be 'printing' long
lines and short ones where appropriate), nothing is coming out of the head.
The status monitor reports two full cartridges and no errors.

So, before I lose my local reputation as 'Mr Fix-it', how do I turn the ink
back on?

Bob Frost

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]