Re: 1520, mac OS X...GimpPrint?

Understood. I didn't at first. But I doubt if Epson will be making a
compatible driver for the 1520, they said they wouldn't for the older
printers, like the 1160. Who knows what epson will do?

Jerry

Brian Freitag wrote:

> on 1/28/02 7:46 PM, Jerry Olson at jerryolson@rrv.net wrote:
>
> > But I can print with OS X.1 on my 1160, and there is no epson driver for
> > it under OS X.1 either. Remember you aren't printing from OS X. You are
> > printing from OS 9.2.  Epson has said it doesn't plan on making a driver
> > for the 1160 under OS X.
>
> Jerry, I think you are missing the point we are trying to make.
>
> Remember, We ARE trying/wanting to print from OS X (if we are booted into OS
> X and using a Carbon or Coco app, and THAT is the whole point of the
> discussion).
>
> Yes, in Classic apps you do print through OS 9+, But in OS X apps you print
> through OS X.
>
> The future of Mac OS apps is to be OS X native, therefore it would be nice
> to be able to print to our 1520s/1160s/etc FROM OS X.
>
> At the present time you have to be in a Classic app to print through
> Classic, if you are using a Carbon app (OS 9 & OS X compatible) you can't
> print to our 1520s/1160s/etc., UNLESS you boot into OS 9+ (only) and use a
> Carbon app and print from it, but, that sure is a pain.
>
> You can sure bet that PhotoShop 7, will at least be a Carbon app, PS 8 might
> even be a Coco app (OS X only).
>
> Sincerely,
> Brian Freitag
> Graphics Nadeen
> http://www.graphicsnadeen.com
>
> -
-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]