From: owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com
[mailto:owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com]On Behalf Of Jerry Olson
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2002 2:38 PM
To: epson-inkjet@leben.com
Subject: Re: New to list

Laurie, I can't imagine doing this. I couldn't be bothered, and I really
dislike glossy prints. Unless someone is paying you thousands of dollars
for the picture and wants it that way, I just can't see it. We mere
mortals balk at spending more than a dollar for a sheet of paper!

Jerry

Laurie Solomon wrote:

> No it is not an early or any other kind of April fools or otherwise joke.
> You spray the mounted prints and then with fine sandpaper finely sand the
> lacquer layer so as to rough it up so that it will accept another layer of
> gloss lacquer spray.  After a number of layers you have both a protected
> print and a high gloss print that has been sprayed.  That is what many APA
> members do to prepare their prints for submission to the various state,
> regional, and national APA photographic print competitions.  It works with
> traditional wet photographic prints and I see no reason why it would not
> work with inkjet prints as long as they are not soluble or become runny
due
> to the spraying.
>
> In short you are not harshly sanding the print emulsion or original ink
> accepting layer but lightly sanding the lacquer layers except for the very
> last layer which one does not sand.

-

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]