Re: Intro and 1280/90+2000P print speed hint

Having learned, as a carpenter, not to try to rip a piece of wood that's
wider than it is long, I've instinctively avoided feeding paper into my
printer that's wider than long; I do think Epson's reasoning is similar,
that when the printer grabs the paper to pull it in for printing, it
could pull it unevenly, skewing the print on the paper. Can't think of
any other reason...
Tom

nick.grasso@hrads.com wrote:

> Stelios Efremopoulos wrote:
>
> ....Normaly you would put the paper in portrait direction in the printer. Epson
> insists on that. But by going in the paper size menu in the driver, selecting
> custom size and then change the parameters to 29.7 Width and 21cm Height you end
> up with a A4 LANDSCAPE paper size. Now you can put your paper in the printer in
> landscape direction and you end up with a cut down in printing time by aprox.
> 1/3....
>
> This is a great idea! But does anybody know why Epson says not to do this?

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]