Re: Advice on double-sided paper please

John Dann wrote:

>>>We want to try printing some picture postcard type prints for a small (in
every sense) business mailshot, using probably an Epson 1520.<<<

You did not say if you wanted glossy or matte for the photographic image, but I
would recommend Red River Denali matte 77#, coated on both sides. It is not
expensive. http://www.redrivercatalog.com. It is available in pre-cut 6x4 sheets
or larger sheets that you can cut. Some people have had trouble feeding it. It
is also available in 58# which is just barely thick enough for postcards but may
be easier on your printer. Red River also sells a Premium Matte but do not use
it! The ink will rub off in the mail.

If you want glossy (glossy might give you a slightly sharper image, but is more
expensive), Red River sells a 2-sided 68# Frio Gloss paper. They also sell a
one-sided 53# Premium Gloss. You can print on the back but it is not coated so
small text will not be sharp. Also, it's a bit thin for a postcard.

These are the papers that I have experience with. I'm sure there are others.

Nick

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]