Re: 1160 doesn't print red anyhmore

Title: Re: 1160 doesn't print red anyhmore
Well anyway I'll let the heads
sit overnight again in Windex soaked pads. Maybe that will clear the clog.

I don't think it's air or anything like that. If anyone has any other
suggestions please let me know.

 I have a similar problem with an Epson 760. I'm leaning toward the conclusion that it's the CIS. If I put Epson carts in the printer, the problem goes away. But once I reattach the CIS, I can't print red anymore. The red feed tube has no visible air pockets, but there may be a clog in the sponge within the chamber.

I switched brands of ink at one point, going from the MIS dye inks (which kept clogging in the Cyan) to WeInk dye based  inks. I use the same WeInk dyes in my 1160s with no problem, but they used this ink from day one. I suspect the 760 suffers from some interaction between the two inks in the red chamber and requires a new CIS color cart. Of course it's not cost effective to replace the carts ($30) since I rarely was using this printer once I had two 1160s.

I suggest you put an Epson cart in the color chamber and see if the red then prints. If it does, you need to attach a new color chamber to your CIS. You will have to buy both the b&w and color as a set and then do some spot gluing to attach the tubes. Nomorecarts used to have instructions on their web site, I think.

william

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]