Re: Precal and Optical settings

In a message dated 1/22/02 5:45:47 AM, julianv@mindspring.com writes:

>Then I tried another calibration,
>with whitepoint set to Native.  That produced what seems to be a
>reasonable 6500K display.  In fact, the appearance with OptiCAL profile
>
>is not very different from what I see with the ColorSync profile.  That
>
>suggests that this monitor is quite good right out of the box.

The gray balance is good out of the box, but the levels are not very
accurate. The place I notice this most is in the clogged shadows; your
OptiCAL profiles should  open them up nicely.

C. David Tobie
Design Cooperative
CDTobie@designcoop.com
-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]