What makes Color Mechanic better than using just PS?

Thanks for the tip to look at Color Mechanic, which I did, but I'm not sure
what makes it better for changing colors of selections than with one can do
in Photoshop via its various controls?  With the demo version of Color
Mechanic, I could not see what made it any better but perhaps I'm missing
something?  How does it do for High Res image retouching with regard to
keeping the color information undamaged, for a lack of a better word?  I
find that using say Hue/Saturation in PS, can leave artifacting in some use.
Many of these controls are really good for low res web or print work, but do
not seem to be as useful for the highest resolution work.  I need to keep my
files as large as possible for archiving for my stock agency as minimum 40
MB files at approx. 1000 ppi or for output back to film as 35 mm or up to
6x9 cms.

Any comments or comparisons on using Color Mechanic vs. Photoshop for
changing color in high res work would be appreciated?

Regards,

Alec Pytlowany

http://www.pytlowany.com
http://pytlowany.artistfolios.com

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]