Where are the C80 profiles!

Hullo!

So I've gone and migrated from Mac OS 9.1 to Windows XP, and when I go
to transfer the profiles for my SP 870, I have no problem. They are in
the "ColorSync Profiles" folder on the Mac, so I copy them across the
network to the wonderfully intuitive
C:\<systemroot>\System32\Spool\Drivers\Color folder, give 'em .icm
suffixes and "install" them (whatever THAT does) and they show up all
nice and proper where they are supposed to. I can choose them in the
printer dialog (once I found where they hid that), use them in PS6 soft
proofing, etc. Great! Now I go to do the same with the C80 only WHERE
ARE THE (EXPLETIVE)PROFILES??? The "CS Profiles" folder has only some
miserable "S C80 Standard" (we know what that is...) and I can't find
the REAL ICC profiles ANYWHERE! PS6 on Mac and Windows only shows the
useless "C80/70 Series" in the soft proof dialogs.

Searches of the install disc with TomeReader show no sign of the
profiles either, so I give up! And I like the bloody OEM profiles, and
certainly can't afford custom profiles for every paper I use. Now,
ColorSync and ICM options do work on the C80, and I can sort'a
compensate with a preset Curves layer, but I WANT MY SOFTPROOFING! I
suspect the ColorSync option works thru the myseterious .rsrc files in
Mac's Extensions/Epson Folder/Media/Stylus C80 Folder, but I can't
understand why the Mac driver emulates the stupid Windows
lack-of-profiles system.

Are there genuine profiles available for this thing anywhere? Or do I
have to go back to the pre-PS6 days of fudge factors for different
papers?

With annoyance,
Les

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]