Re: 1160 banding (microbanding?)

on 1/15/02 1:07 PM, Alan Kafton at skinnypix@kafton.com wrote:

> I'm getting banding on my 1160 & am looking for advice.
>
> The banding is subtle, & is noticeable mostly in solid blue skies.  It is
> perpendicular to the direction of printhead movement, and as described in the
> archives as looking a bit like corduroy fabric.  It give a very slightly
> light-dark-light pattern modulating the solid blue sky.  It repeats itself
> every 2-3 mm.
>
> I'm printing at max 1440x720 resolution & have done all the clean & alignment
> things.  The grey rollers are clean.  Going back to my early prints, this may
> have been a day-one problem, although perhaps a bit less noticable.
>
> Anybody have any thoughts?  Is this "normal" on an 1160?  I have a week left
> on my warranty!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Alan
>

> -

It is definitely not normal.

I assume it is not in your paper texture.

I had some banding once, but it was in the same direction as the print head
movement, not perpendicular.  It was caused by a clogged nozzle.

Using an 1160 with Gen4 inks on watercolor papers, there is no trace of
banding.

Good luck,

Berry

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]