Search Epson Archive

Re: Epson 1280 Print Space Problem

Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 02:22:10 -0500
From: "David J. Bookbinder" <david_bookbinder@sprynet.com>
Subject: RE: Epson 1280 Print Space Problem

I'm not entirely sure what you are doing, and I'm not on a Mac or using a
1280, but in general if you want to use a custom profile, select it in the
Print Space dialog box and in the Epson driver select the appropriate media
type and select No Color Adjustment in the Custom-Advanced dialog box. For
instance, if you want to use the ColorLife profile, select it in the Print
Space dialog box, and in the driver select Photo Quality Glossy Film and No
Color Adjustment.

If you want to use the canned profile, select Printer Color Management as
the Print Space and either select ICM or Color Controls in the Epson driver.

In the first instance, you are telling Photoshop to convert your image to
the print space you specify (for instance, the ColorLife profile). In the
second, you are telling Photoshop not to convert the image, and instead to
send it to the driver for conversion.

By the way, your life might be simplified by updating the driver. Epson has
updated some of the drivers. My 785EPX, for instance, now has a driver that
has a ColorLife media setting, which seems to work somewhat better than the
ColorLife profile they released last summer.

- - David