Re: Color Profiling (more info for my question)

Gary:

I have used ProveIt! for a couple of years now (on a PC running Windows 98SE).
Your post is confusing to me.

The first thing you need to do (as described in the ProveIt! instructions, I
believe), is to *remove* the Adobe Gamma loader from your Startup folder
(Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup). If you leave it there, it overwrites the
ProveIt! monitor profile (assuming that you have saved it properly--see below).

If, at the end of the process of creating your monitor profile, you saved and
named it, you should be able to see it in the Windows/System/Color folder.
Unless you renamed the default when you saved it, the file name is something
like 9_2_2001G2_2D65 [with no extension].

You then have to go down several dialog-box levels in display properties
(Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, Color Management), select the profile
you want to make the default, and click the Make Default button.

Unless ProveIt! was not installed correctly, or was subsequently corrupted,
your Startup folder should contain a file called ColorBlind Video Startup.exe.
This file applies the default monitor profile you selected in Display
Properties each time you start your computer. If this file is not in the
Startup folder, you will need to uninstall and then reinstall ProveIt! (If
ProveIt! still does not load the profile correctly when you start your
computer, you probably have remnants of the corrupted version in your Registry
settings and may have to go in and manually delete all ProveIt! statements. I
had to do this once to recover from a corrupted Startup.exe file problem.)

Hope this clarifies things somewhat. Let me know off-list if you still cannot
get it to work; I'll give you the contact at ColorBlind who I worked with to
solve the corrupted file problem.

Bernie

"Gary L. Hunt" wrote:

> However, looking at the monitor properties in Windows pointed
> out that there is no monitor profile in use.  So I opened ProveIt
> and looked--it defines monitor settings and stores them in a
> file (with no extension) in its own "settings" folder.  All the calibration
> does, apparently, is change this settings file.  There is no ICC
> profile generated as a result of the calibration, nothing in the
> Startup folder (except the Adobe gamma loader)--how exactly
> do these settings get applied to the monitor?

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]