Re: Epson 10000 Refill / cis and comparisation Enhanced Gen4 and pigmented Epson inks.

The Lyson inks mentioned in your last paragraph Udo, I guess those
are the dye-based, Fotonic inks? May I ask about your favorite papers
for them?

Thanks.

Sam

>Sorry to say,
>
>but I really disagree, I have been testing the Enhanced generations and so
>far I'll think that the OEM Epson pigmented inks don't have a smaller gamut
>than Generations.   The inks from Epson give me absolute top result.
>Anybody who see my prints suddenly wonder if this can be done better.
>Apart from the metamerism, probably not!    Generations is maybe nice and a
>lot cheaper to use if you by it in Ltr bottles and I'll think maybe 6 times
>cheaper compared with buying OEM Epson cartridges for the Pro 5500 like I
>do.
>
>After having made profiles from both inks with GretagMacbeth Spectrolino /
>ProfileMaker Pro / Spectroscan-plateT , I did have a look in the editor
>module to see the gamut:  Enh.Gen4 nearly exact the same colorgamut as
>pigm.Epson both on the same media: Epson watercolour paper, also the same
>area in the colourspace.   Enh.Gen4 on Crane Museo also nearly the same
>result.   Interesting is that Enh.Gen.4 on Lyson paper is giving a bigger
>colourgamut.   The best is Pigmented inks from Epson on Epson Premium Semi
>Gloss!  It is an expensive option not to refill yourself, but it is giving
>me absolute top professional result.
>
>So who told you that the Enhanced gen.4 colour gamut is bigger than the
>pigmented Epson inks, MediaStreet?
>
>And if you are looking for a wide gamut, why not the Lyson inks.  The result
>I saw from those inks were really beautifull.   And still reasonable
>archival as well.
>
>Regards,
>
>Udo J. Machiels
>Atmos Design
>United Kingdom

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]