From: owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com
[mailto:owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com]On Behalf Of SKID Photography
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 1:11 AM
To: epson-inkjet@leben.com
Subject: Re: To Dye or not to Dye

LAURIE SOLOMON wrote:

> <Snip>
>
> > I think you need to consider several things beside gamut and strong
> blacks.
> > First, if you want your finished product to have a photographic or a
> > painterly look.  Pigmented inks tend not to give a smooth continuous
tone
> > photographic look that dye based inks do but rather give a more
painterly
> > particular appearance.

Laurie,
I could not disagree with you more.

We are photographers, who shoot celebrities for a living, and we (among many
of our colleagues) do, in fact,
print with pigment inks and achieve what all the world recognizes as
'photographs'.

Further, it has been our experience that when people look at our images they
*never* realize that they are
viewing inkjet prints (made with pigment inks).

We have also found that even the Epson pigment inks have a better gamut that
traditional wet process color
photos. The newer 'Indelible' pigment inks are even closer to the gamut of
dye based inks.

Harvey Ferdschneider
partner, SKID Photography, NYC

-

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]