Re: To Dye or not to Dye

I think I've asked this before, but I don't recall ever seeing a
response.  What exactly is the difference between a dye and a pigment?
Is it a difference in chemistry?

Or is the distinction only in how the colorant is applied, with dyes
diffusing into the paper and pigments sitting on the surface (bound or
encapsulated with a carrier material)?

--
Julian Vrieslander <mailto:julianv@mindspring.com>

-

[Index of Archives]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Scanner Discussion Archive]     [Gimp Users]     [Gimp]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Photo Sharing]