Search Epson Archive

Re: Head banging on 1200 with CFS

Sandra, The "clean that bar" trick works.... ALMOST all of the time. There
are other reasons for your problem. I finally had to send a 1200 back to
Epson (right when I had a project due) because of head banging, and no
amount of cleaning and re-lubing would help.  I've since had minor episodes
of banging, and a quick clean and lube has easily solved it. My point is
that a dirty rod is the most common, but NOT the only, cause for your
problem.

Hope that helps

--
Tom Ferguson