Re: STM32 Standard Peripheral Library in eCos

Thanks Jerzy,

On 18.06.14 12:16, Jerzy Dyrda wrote:
Hello Oleg,

On Wednesday 18 of June 2014 11:18:09 Oleg Uzenkov wrote:

I have a question regarding STM32 Standard Peripheral Library and using
this library with eCos.

Is there any way (a HAL wrapper or something) to interface drivers from
this library in application with eCos?
No. Writing ETH driver for STM32 I used STM32 Standard Peripheral Library
as a source of knowledge.

IMHO STM32 Standard Peripheral Library doesn't fit to any driver oriented OS but due to fact that it exists some system just incorporate it as it i.e. agreed for its drawbacks.
Please, could you name some OS that incorporate it? I was looking for any, out of curiosity, but could not find any, apart from RTX Real Time Operating System (first time heard of it).

Do you reckon it is feasible to make an eCos port for a driver from this
library? I started doing so for SDIO but got overwhelmed with how much
staff needs rewriting in the eCos way.

There are some drivers like SDIO to interface SD card that are not
implemented in eCos yet, and it would great to have such support.
Please look at this discussion :

https://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2014-06/msg00005.html
https://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2014-06/msg00009.html

Best regards,