Re: Problem of coldboot on i.MX27 board with Micron NAND

Hi Eric,
On 03/19/2014 09:47 AM, Eric Bénard wrote:
Hi Gaëtan,

Le Tue, 18 Mar 2014 15:55:54 +0100,
Gaëtan Carlier <gcembed@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
I have a problem with redboot (release 20050912) with Freescale patches
for i.MX27 PDK (3-stack) and seems to be related to NAND chip (all other
components are identical).
When I power on the board, nothing happened on serial console but when I
press reset button (or if I reset board using JTAG, to board boot properly.

With NAND Numonyx NAND02G-B2D, it works well on power on but with Micron
MT29F2G08ABBEAH4, coldboot does not work, I have to press RESET button.

The specs seem to be similar. The only difference is a device
initialization for Micron that says that host must wait 100us after VCC
is applied before sending Reset (FFh) command.
Where have I to place the wait loop ?
At the beginning of In PLATFORM_SETUP1 macro (.macro _platform_setup1)
in hal_platform_setup.h or anywhere else ?

Test is done on boards with i.MX27 CPUs that have different revision
(200951, 201209). And I know that newer revison (starting from 2012) can
freeze at boot due to bug in PLL circuit.
Do you have any other leads for me ?

Micron NAND need a reset command at boot and i.MX27's BootROM doesn't
send it when using external boot.
See the note in page 5 of this AN :
cache.freescale.com/files/dsp/doc/app_note/AN3672.pdf

Internal NAND boot seems to works based on this thread (not tested
here) : https://community.freescale.com/thread/285717

So it is not possible to boot correctly on external Micron NAND flash using i.MX27 ?!
Eric

Thank you for your help,
Gaëtan Carlier.