Re: No host branch in my checkedout ecos tree

On Thu, 16 Jan 2014, Bob Brusa wrote:

> Am 16.01.2014 16:19, schrieb Sergei Gavrikov:
> > On Thu, 16 Jan 2014, Bob Brusa wrote:
> >

> > And below does not work in Cygwin?
> >
> >    cd /opt
> >    cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvs/ecos co -P ecos
> >    cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvs/ecos co -P host
> >
> Sure, both worked. I also understand now, that ecos and host are modulenames.
> May be I was misled by the layout (see also attachment) as shown on the web
> interface of ecos-cvs. There it looks as if host is simply part of the ecos
> tree. See http://ecos.sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ecos/?cvsroot=ecos

URL was sufficient, no PNG, please :-)

> > Check that you have set ECOS_REPOSITORY variable.
> >
> >    echo $ECOS_REPOSITORY		;# What have you seen?
> >
> This seems ok. I get:
> rwb@w500 /opt
> $ echo $ECOS_REPOSITORY
> /cygdrive/c/cygwin/opt/ecos

Nope! It must be <cygwin_abs_path_name>/ecos/packages
                                             ^^^^^^^^
> > > $ c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/host/configure --with-tcl=c:/cygwin/lib/tcl8.5
> > > --with-tk=c:/cygwin/lib/tk8.5
> > [snip]
> > > c:/cygwin/opt/ecos/host/configure: line 2990: test: too many arguments
> >
> > Install Tcl/Tk *8.4* dev. packages.
>
> Ok, I am going to test it also with tcl8.4/tk8.4 instead of tcl8.5/tk8.5

AFAIR, eCos configure checks Tcl/Tk version and expects Tcl/Tk 8.4.

> > Hope that you read README.host at least from here
> >
> >    It is necessary to use a separate build tree rather than build
> >    directly in the source tree. This is enforced by the configure scripts.
> >
> >      $ mkdir build
> >      $ cd build
> >

> That's what I did - except that my new directory is named host and is
> in opt (I follow method 2 outlined in README.host).  I then started
> the configure from within opt/host and got all these errors at line
> 2990. I knew it would not be easy, but hell, I need a working

Use some kind of paste-bin and paste config.log there.

> executable of configtool. The one of 24-Apr-2012 does not work on my
> Windows 7 /cygwin PC.

I afraid that you won't get GUI (configtool), first thing to get is CLI
(ecosconfig). IMO, more bloodless way to get working configtool is to
install Linux on Virtual Machine (virtualbox/vmware).

Sergei