Re: Re: ecos configuration for LPC1769

On 23.05.2013 12:29, yusuf.husainy wrote:
> Hi Ilija Kocho,
>
> Thanks for the timely reply, i appreciate it.
>
> I will go through the documentation you have suggested. Also, as you said,
> LPC17xx porting will be easy, as it is supported, but the specific processor
> variant for LPC1769 is not supported. I was going through the
> lpc1766stk_misc.c file in the HAL of LPC17xx, and over there most of the
> macros used were 17xx type. Also, in the files, mlt_cortexm_lpc1766_rom.h
> and mlt_cortexm_lpc1766_rom.c, i just edited the end address of the flash to
> 0x00080000(512KB) from 0x00040000(256KB), as LPC1769 has 512KB flash
> compared to LPC1766, which has 256KB flash, rest all features are same,

You are on a good way. Typically it is necessary to adapt memory layout
files to what you have in your hardware.

> except also for the MAX clk hz(120MHz for 1769 and 100MHz for 1766), but I

Perhaps we could make a little update in for 120MHz. Thanks.

> am using 20MHz for my board design, so I don't think that would be a
> problem.

That's it. You can start using it. Serial port and Ethernet should work
out of box.
Just a bit about serial port. Please note that eCos has two kinds of
serial drivers: diagnostic (polled) and real device driver (interrupt
driven). In default setting the real serial driver is disabled so what
you see is diagnostic driver. It is good during development process, but
for the application (production) you should use the interrupt driven.
You shall find more about this in eCos documentation.

Ilija