Aw: Re: Re: Re: Debugging via JTAG - problems?

Hello Ilja & Edgar!

>I strongly advise you to switch to CVS. Although it is not a release it
>is pretty much stable. eCos CVS is not a development repository but
>rather a rolling release.

Okay, I'll switch to the CVS source during this weekend :)

>It would be best to start with configuration that only employs on-chip
>memory. I do not know your configuration (CDL, memory layout) so I shall
>talk in terms of Kinetis and STM32 port. They have SRAM startup type
>that is intended for usage with JTAG. Provided that your controller has
>enough internal RAM this is the simplest way to bring system to life and
>JTAG should work from scratch. ROM startup that uses only on-chip ROM
>ans RAM is almost equally easy provided that you have a tool to program
>controller's flash.
>To sum up try to build system with on-chip memory first.

I've changed the startup type to SRAM.

Now it looks a little bit better: I reach hal_reset_vsr() in the architecture HAL.
The problem I have now is that I hang at the line

__asm__ volatile("swi");

Does this indicates a specific matter I have not attended to?

Please don't get me wrong - I'm not too lazy for researching solutions for my problems. But in this theme I don't really know how I could handle my problems. So thank you very much for all your previous answers!

Have a nice weekend, Lukas