Re: Installing source after full build

Mike

On 01/12/12 20:24, Michael Jones wrote:

> I could be wrong, but my observation was the ecos.db was not copied from
> the build (meaning the ecos and ecos config tool build), and neither was
> packages. The eCos Configuration tool certainly needs ecos.db, but I
> assume it needs the package tree. So unless there is some environment
> variable telling the Configuration tool where to find this, how would
> copying only the library work?
>
> Perhaps you interpreted my build as the build done within the config tool.

Yes, that is where the eCos run-time code is built.

> I am talking about the build of ecos and the config tool.

Only the host tools are built via the configure/make process.

You should point the eCos Confiiguration Tool at your eCos repository
(using the Build->Repository menu item) to configure and build the eCos
run-time code. You should specify the directory _containing_ the eCos
"packages" directory (not the "packages" directory itself).

> I am compiling
> the whole thing rather than using a binary distribution so that I have
> access to the new Kinetis support.

You should be able to use the latest Linux-hosted configtool snapshot
build (2011-02-09) on 64-bit distros if you install the relevant 32-bit
compatibility libraries. Ref:

  http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2011-02/msg00031.html

I hope this helps...

John Dallaway