CYGBLD_BUILD_REDBOOT_WITH_XYZMODEM not working.

I have Redboot running on an STM3220G Eval board and use XMODEM upload. To
have XMODEM as the default protocol I have enabled the option
CYGBLD_BUILD_REDBOOT_WITH_XYZMODEM. This option should produce a define in
redboot.h (unless I am mistaken). It doesn't. I have tried this using
ecosconfig 1.3 (HP UX) and configtool 2.08 (windows XP).

I can tell from the CVS history that the CYGBLD_BUILD_REDBOOT_WITH_XYZMODEM
option has existed for a number of years, which leads me to believe I must
inadvertently be doing something wrong.

I have not modified the redboot.cdl. My *.ecc file passes the ecosconfig
check with no remarks.

What could be causing this?