Re: Redboot for FSL TWRK70F120M with Linux kernel booting

Hi Linh

Thank you for the files. Now it works (I had errors in MCG structure).

On 15.03.2012 05:04, Linh Nguyễn wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Ilija Kocho <ilijak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I think you don't need to add dram region but simply declare dram as
>> main ram.
>> I think it will be easiest for you if you use TWR-K60N512-FXM target as
>> example. (added recently so you may need to update/checkout eCos). It is
>> very similar to what you probably need - only with FlexBus external
>> memory instead of DDR. Probably in addition to initialization code you
>> only need to change base address and size of RAM and it should work.
>>
>> I hope this helps. Looking forward to your feedback.
> Hi Ilija and all,
> I have replace DRAM as main RAM as your K60 fxm and it is OK
> currently. But I have another problem about ether net :).
> With the same situation, when I use internal RAM the ethernet can get
> BOOTP with DHCP ip immediately with booting, but when I use DRAM as
> main RAM the board can't get BOOTP information, it said "networking is
> not available". Do you know where is the reason? Thanks so much.

On my Tower RedBoot works with Ethernet and DDR that would exclude
hardware incompatibility. I would suggest you to try if you have
forgotten to add Common Ethernet Support.

If yes, then please describe your current software configuration of eCos
and FS modules.

Ilija