Re-use RedBoot exceptions code in release eCos application

Hi all,
I want to keep the RedBoot exception code to run also in the release
version of my eCos app.
I went over the code and linked all the exceptions handling parameters
into separate RAM segment apart from the RedBoot RAM segment.
The RedBoot RAM segment is later over-written by HW DMA during the
application execution.

My questions are regarding the comm channels.
 - Does my application must inherit the comm channels in order the
keep the GDB functionality?
 - I'm also curious about the prints coming out from my exception code
by using "diag_printf" will they work as normal?
   (the _putc (print handler)- is linked in to the new RAM segment)

Thanks

Elad.