Re: Re: Redboot for Kinetis TWR-K70F120M

Linh

Thank you for references.oreo

On 10.01.2012 03:38, Linh Nguyễn wrote:
http://www.linux-arm.org/LinuxKernel/LinuxM3 this is the link about
Linux kernel for Cortex M3. I don't know much about ARM but I think
Cortex M3 and M4 is not much different.

Something being ported to Cortex-M architecture is a big step but it does not mean that it is ported to some hardware, being it Kinetis, STM32, LPC, etc. There's still some work (although not too much) such as basic hw initialization, clocking, some serial driver, etc.

http://www.cnx-software.com/2011/12/30/linux-for-cortex-m3-m4-microcontrollers/
this link said that "EmCraft also sells Linux BSP (for 99 USD –
software only) for STMicroelectronics STM32F2, NXP NXP LPC1788
(Cortex M3) and Freescale Kinetis (Cortex M4) development boards.".

This looks promising although information is incomplete, they don't mention on what hardware to run uClinux for Kinetis and I guess TWR-K60N512 has too little memory. Of course TWR-K70 has more than enough.

So why uClinux can not port to Kinetis K70?
I haven't stated that. I merely asked for information on such port. Thanks again for information.

Ilija