Re: Challenge with getting AT91SAM7S256 (Olimex P256) board to use serial ports

Hi Jesper

Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:

> My challenge is that when I try to use the serial port example I get no
> output (neither from the diag port or the serial ports).
>
> Diagnostic test indicate that the cyg_io_lookup exit with error code 1
> (EPERM)
>
> My environment were set up from default by performing the following
> steps :
>
> ecosconfig new at91sam7sek
> ecosconfig tree
> ecosconfig check
> make
>
> and then compiling and running the "serial.c" test

The eCos serial tests require a relevant serial hardware driver to be
enabled. You can do this by enabling the "Hardware serial device
drivers" component (CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES) within the "Serial device
drivers" package (CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL). The serial tests will use the
serial device defined by the "Serial device used for testing" option
(CYGPRI_SER_TEST_SER_DEV).

I hope this helps.

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer