Re: Brain fart alert

Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
a écrit:

> I need to capture the fact that it is a static const, and investigate
> the C++ structure encoding rules,

The DWARF 4 spec reads in 5.5.6 - Data Member Entries:

    The member entry corresponding to a data member that is defined in a
    structure, union or class may have either a
    DW_AT_data_member_location attribute or a DW_AT_data_bit_offset
    attribute.

It turns out that for DW_TAG_member DIEs representing non-static data
members, GCC emits the DW_AT_data_member_location attribute.  If it's
not present, I guess you can safely assume the DIE is for a static data
member and that it does not contribute to the size of its enclosing
class.

--
		Dodji