Re: zr36067 driver hardware

Hi all,

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Devin Heitmueller
<devin.heitmueller@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Are there known issues with these devices, or are they just in
> maintenance mode?  If you just want somebody to deal with regressions
> that come up, I can hold onto the devices and respond to issues
> reported as needed (I'm also in New York City, so there wouldn't be
> any international shipping issues).

I consider the driver in maintenance mode, but I suppose issues
occasionally pop up. The hardware playback isn't always working
smoothly and had little attention from me or Laurent, so interested
hackers may want to work on that in the future (it always worked for
me, but I didn't really use it so I can't say for sure how reliable it
is).

Since Mauro showed interested, I'm currently in favour of shipping the
whole box to Mauro. He could always ship it out to others to divide
the "maintenance burden" if he so chooses. If I don't hear better
ideas, I'll ship it out this weekend. If Mauro (or anyone) thinks
Devin should get one or more of the cards, let me know and I'll drop
it at his doorstep. :-).

Oh, and there's actually 6 cards in it, not 4. I think the fifth is a
standard bt848 card which I used for software encoding tests / tv
tuner tests, and the last one is probably a Linux Media Labs LML33R10
(the "next generation" card of LML), which is also supported by the
zr36067 driver. I suppose this shows how untouched that box has been
lately...

Cheers,
Ronald