[PULL] http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/hardy-lum-compat

Mauro,

The current version, and older versions of Ubuntu have a kernel module
backport package, called "linux-ubuntu-modules" , where they backport
modules into their older kernels so that users can have driver support
without having to build the new drivers themselves.  This becomes
problematic when Ubuntu users go ahead and build the v4l-dvb
repository anyway, for newer driver support.

The LUM package stores the backported modules in /lib/modules/`uname
-r`/ubuntu/media/ rather than in /lib/modules/`uname
-r`/kernel/drivers/media/ , where we expect the modules to be.

This change adds the known duplicated modules into v4l/obsolete.txt ,
so that the build system will automatically remove the known
duplicated modules from the ubuntu/media/ tree before installing the
new modules, preventing the wrong version of the module from loading.

We can expect users to start complaining about problems loading
v4l/dvb drivers soon, if we dont fix this now.  Please merge these
changes to prevent the problem before it starts.

Please pull from:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/hardy-lum-compat

for the following:

- Prevent possible conflicts with Ubuntu's L-U-M package
- Add uvcvideo.ko to the list of duplicated modules from Ubuntu's LUM

 obsolete.txt |    8 ++++++++
 1 file changed, 8 insertions(+)

Regards,

Mike